How to apply for undergraduate study:
- Complete your International Application form online and submit your non-refundable $135 application fee. You can pay when you submit your online application or choose one of our other payment options.
- Submit your high school transcripts including proof of program completion, such as a high school diploma or certificate. If you have not already graduated, you should submit proof of your program completion when it is received. Please note that submitted materials should be translated into English.
- Submit proof of English Proficiency in the form of aTOEFL or IELTS score card. UMHB offers both intermediate and advanced ESOL courses for international students. UMHB does not offer admission for full-time English language study. View English Proficiency Information.
- Submit proof of current meningitis vaccine or booster. Visit our Health Center page to learn more about the meningitis requirement, tuberculosis test, and recommended vaccines.
- Submit the required Statement of Understanding. You may also submit the optional FERPA Release Form.
- Submit a copy of your passport identification page. You passport must be valid at least 6 months from your expected date of enrollment.
Please submit these documents at http://international.umhb.edu/documentation. Upload and submit all documents at the same time. Upload and submit all documents only one time.
All degree-seeking students must:
- Meet university degree requirements to include chapel requisites and six semester hours of religion courses.
- Maintain good academic progress in order to continue enrollment.
Prospective international graduate students, please follow the same steps as the international undergraduate students. We will contact you regarding specific requirements for admission to your chosen graduate program. You may also consult the graduate catalog to determine requirements. Click here to view the Graduate Catalog
Steps for Accepted International Students
Congratulations on being accepted to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor! We are looking forward to welcoming you to our campus. Here are the steps necessary to qualify for the United States Citizenship and Immigration form I-20.
- Submit a certified Affidavit of Support from individuals or agencies stating (in US dollars) the monetary commitments to cover the total cost of attending UMHB. The current cost for two semesters (one academic year) at UMHB is approximately $15,000.00. This includes 12 hours of tuition/fees and room/board for the fall and spring semesters. Your affidavits of support must equal at least this amount. Necessary forms for the Affidavit of Support are available at http://www.uscis.gov/i-134. Please note that the Affidavit of Support requires supporting evidence such as a letter from the sponsor's bank and letters from employers. Also, the US government requires that the Affidavit be notarized by a US consulate employee if the sponsor is outside the United States.
- Submit copies of all previous I-20's.
No I-20 will be issued until all required documentation and deposit have been received by the International Student Services office.
Our admissions process usually starts in the fall or winter of a student's senior year in high school. For students who have passed their senior year in high school, we have also outlined the application process for you below.
Applying for Admission
Find your process that is specific to you below. Each link will include information on application requirements, materials and documents.
If you're ready, you can apply right now by clicking on the link below. If you have any questions, please contact your admissions counselor.
Are you ready for an education for life and an experience of a lifetime? There are three ways to begin your application to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor - online, by downloading a paper application, or by requesting a paper application.
Start Your Application Online
Most students prefer the convenience and immediacy of applying online. Begin your application by clicking below.
Apply Online »
Download a Paper Application
Prefer to view the application first? You can also download the application, fill it out and mail it in by clicking on the link below.
Download an Application »
Request a Paper Application
Prefer an application to mailed to you? No problem. Simply fill out a Request Information form and we'll send you that information right away.
Request an Application »
After you've been accepted into UMHB, you will be asked to submit your enrollment and housing deposits. Prior to your arrival on campus, incoming freshmen will be required to register for Cru Camp and incoming transfer students will need to register for Transfer Connection. You will also be asked to submit your Bacterial Meningitis Immunization documentation.
The following colleges or programs require a separate application process in addition to the standard UMHB undergrad application. Admission into UMHB does not guarantee acceptance into these specialized colleges or programs: McLane College of Business, Scott and White College of Nursing, Teacher Education Program, Social Work Program, Music Program.
Get ready for Welcome Week!
Read more about all the activities planned for Welcome Week which includes move-in day, dubbing, rallies, sessions, concerts, and mixers; all geared towards our new UMHB students.
View Welcome Week Page »
We accept applications throughout the year. There are currently no application deadlines to apply for admissions. Please view our Application Timeline page for other important dates and events.