Fourteen-year-old Kyra has always felt different, but lately even her brother Karne has noticed her acting strangely--especially when she's near the ceremonial sacred stones that help guide and protect her village. When the villainous priest, Wardyke, overthrows the beloved elder, Maal, and threatens them all, Kyra must accept that her emerging psychic powers are her peoplFourteen-year-old Kyra has always felt different, but lately even her brother Karne has noticed her acting strangely--especially when she's near the ceremonial sacred stones that help guide and protect her village. When the villainous priest, Wardyke, overthrows the beloved elder, Maal, and threatens them all, Kyra must accept that her emerging psychic powers are her people's only hope. With guidance from Maal, and help from Karne and her best friend, Fern, Kyra enters the forbidden circle of stones to call upon unseen, mystical powers to banish Wardyke once and for all!
Moyra Caldecott's The Sacred Stones series, set in Bronze Age Britain, introduces readers to a time when magic existed in the workings of everyday life and the threat of evil loomed in the shadows.
From the Trade Paperback edition....more
Hardcover, 224 pages
Published March 1st 1987 by Celestial Arts (first published 1977)
|Born||(1927-06-01)1 June 1927|
Pretoria, South Africa
|Died||23 May 2015(2015-05-23) (aged 87)|
|Genre||Fantasy and historical fiction|
Moyra Caldecott (1 June 1927 – 23 May 2015) was a British author of historical fiction, fantasy, science fiction and non-fiction. Her works include Guardians of the Tall Stones and The Egyptian Sequence.
Moyra Caldecott was born in Pretoria, South Africa, and moved to London in 1951. She married Oliver Caldecott and raised three children. She had degrees in English and Philosophy and an M.A. in English Literature.
In 2000, Moyra Caldecott became one of the earliest proponents of commercial e-books when she contracted with Mushroom eBooks to re-publish most of her titles in electronic formats.
Myths and legends
- Twins of the Tylwyth Teg (retells a tale from Celtic folklore)
- Taliesin and Avagddu (retells a tale from the Mabinogion)
- Bran, Son of Llyr (retells a tale from the Mabinogion)
- Three Celtic Tales (collected edition of the three stories above) Paperback and eBook ISBN 978-1-84319-548-1
- The Green Lady and the King of Shadows (Glastonbury legends) Paperback and eBook ISBN 978-1-84319-450-7
- Crystal Legends (the lore and legend of crystals and crystal healing) Paperback and eBook ISBN 978-1-84319-326-5
- Women in Celtic Myth (tales of extraordinary women from the ancient Celtic tradition)
- Myths of the Sacred Tree (tree myths and legends from around the world)
- Mythical Journeys: Legendary Quests (the spiritual search - traditional stories from world mythology) Paperback and eBook ISBN 978-1-84319-523-8