Sample cover letter for Internship position at Deloitte
Summer Audit Internship
My Name is [name], a junior at the University of California, Berkeley and I would like to be considered for a summer audit internship position in the San Francisco office.
I am interested in a summer audit internship position because I believe that it would provide me with valuable knowledge and hands-on experience in the audit practice. After learning about the audit services from various professionals, it has inspired me to pursue a career in audit because of their ability to work with various clients, learn more about the company and financial situations, which has always been an interest of mine. I also believe that I would be able to work with many students like myself, that are motivated and eager to learn, which would inspire me to work even harder and excel as an intern. I believe that I can contribute to the successes of the other students and mine during this internship through some of my previous experiences. I anticipate that this internship would offer for students an opportunity to attain audit experiences, team-building and networking with business professionals, which would expand my knowledge towards my future career in audit.
Over the summer, I participated in the Deloitte Future Leaders Conference, where I was able to network with many Deloitte professionals and learn more about the services that Deloitte offers. I gained very valuable soft skills and had the opportunity to visit one of the clients. I took away many great tips about networking with professionals and presentation skills that I now use in my daily life. I enjoyed learning more about Deloitte’s services, culture and people, which has provided me with knowledge of a firm that I would certainly like to work for. This conference increased my interest and reassured my decision to go into audit as a future career, especially at Deloitte.
I also work at the University of California, Berkeley Office of Undergraduate Admissions as an administrative assistant. I am a customer service representative, who administers support for customers regarding admissions and other services that the office offers. I lead and manage various projects that range from creating a handbook for the new hires as a reference and creating games for children for a certain event. I gained more leadership skills and knowledge about professional mannerisms that further developed my skills. Both my experiences as a participant and as an assistant are some of the things that I can offer to the internship position.
I attached my resume for your review as well. I hope that we can arrange to speak so that I can discuss at greater length the contribution that I believe I can make to this internship. Should you require an additional information, I can be contacted at the phone number and e-mail listed above.
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter
Get access to over 7,000 cover letters from candidates getting jobs at your target companies.
Legal Intern Resume Samples
Legal Interns are students who practice law in an attorney’s office. As part of their role to prepare for their future career, Legal Interns complete tasks such as doing research, handling paperwork, helping attorneys with projects, taking part in client interviews, and learning about daily affairs in the legal field. Based on our collection of example resumes, the ideal candidate should demonstrate legal knowledge, the ability to follow instructions, a willingness to learn, research skills, organization, and computer competences. Eligible resumes in the field make display of a legal degree; most Legal Interns have not graduated yet.
Looking for cover letter ideas? See our sample Legal Intern Cover Letter.
Drafted amendments to license agreements introducing new products and territories to master agreements
- Researched trademarks to clear verbiage for t-shirt designs and clothing style names for Bass and Tommy Hilfiger
- Restructured and updated a database of all non-solicit clauses contained in sponsorship, software, and license agreements
- Participated in negotiation meetings for sponsorships with non-profit organizations and retail software usage agreements
- Reviewed and summarized music licensing agreements for songs used in advertisements on e-commerce sites
- Worked with senior management on various issues including Vice President, Associate General Counsel of Employment regarding non-solicit clauses and Vice President, Assistant General Counsel of IP regarding license agreements and clearances
Legal Intern - Corporate Procurement
- Ensured that Buyers and Contract Administrators were prepared for the NCQA audits.
- Performed contract reviews to ensure that they meet the company's standard terms and conditions.
- Ensure that all contracts are current and no vendor is doing business with BCBSM without a valid contract.
- Reviewed potential vendors Dunn & Bradstreet data which was ultimately used to determine the fitness of a vendor to do business with BCBSM.
- Created a methodology which will be used for future NCQA vendor and contract audits.
- Developed a software program which housed information for potential vendors from online surveys, which is now being used department wide.
- Conducted intake interviews to spot legal issues for presentation at case acceptance
- Wrote discovery requests in child custody cases including interrogatories, requests for admissions, and requests for production of documents
- Facilitated placement of clients in beds at local shelters via legal and social work advocacy
- Observed and participated in client meetings, trials, mediations, and outreach
- Installed brand-new wireless network to fix wireless printing connectivity in the office
- Drafted, reviewed, and revised a wide range of legal documents for staff attorneys
- Produced retainer agreements, contact letters, and various publications and handouts for clients
- Conducted legal research regarding family, civil, and property issues
- Performed client intake and client interviews
- Created and managed client database to ensure timely case completion
- Prepared motions and interrogatories
- Drafted various court documents, invoices and enclosures at attorneys' request.
- Analyzed law sources, including statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, and Indiana Constitution.
- Organized legal memoranda and client correspondence.
- Proofed documents and submitted to attorneys for review.
- Researched documents and publications for details that would establish evidence.
Collaborated with senior attorneys in preparing prime brokerage agreements
- Observed prime brokerage agreement negotiations conducted by business and legal departments
- Assisted in putting together a standard form of confidentiality agreement
- Conducted research about issuing structured products in emerging markets
Legal Intern- Compliance & Training
- Researched and analyzed NCAA compliance regulations, professional sports law issues, and regulations
- Developed, implemented, and conducted training related to athletic compliance and student athlete nuances
- Designed training lessons specific to my audience, need-based training and legal updates
- Identified course content and delivery method, facilitated training, and provided metrics on learning outcomes
- Prepared monthly Sports Law Newsletters regarding current collegiate and professional sports law issues
Certified Legal Intern
- Handled Insurance Subrogation, Family Law and other various civil cases under supervision of licensed Attorney.
- Researched legal issues and case law related to each assigned case.
- Drafted and filed pleadings, motions, client letters, memoranda, and various documents relating to my representation of assigned clients.
- Performed client interviews and participated in mediations, interrogatories, and court filings.
- Appeared in court hearings on behalf of clients.
- Conducted legal research and drafted memoranda to assist attorneys working on criminal trials.
- Represented Montgomery County as a certified legal intern in parole violation
- Participated in the 9th Annual Summer Intern Trial Competition.
Domestic relations and general civil law
- Directed questioning for a final divorce
- Drafted motions and discovery requests for child custody modifications
- Conducted client interviews and meetings
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.